A search engine-friendly website ranks high on Google and the other search engines. In fact, search engines crawl each page of such a website, interpret its content efficiently, and index the pages in their database. Once the pages of a website are indexed by the search engines, they can serve the most relevant pages to their valuable customer base according to the topics searched by users. When you have an SEO-friendly web design, the more chances you have of indexing and ranking your website on the first page of Google and the other search engines.
Billions of users search Google and the other major search engines daily. Did you know that less than 5% of these visitors navigate past the first page of Google? Yes, it is true. That is why you need to focus on designing your website so that it’s search engine friendly. You will increase organic traffic and earn more revenue from such a website. The SEO community enjoys a joke that says, “What is the best place to hide a dead body? On the 2nd page of Google SERPs.”
There are many factors to consider when optimizing your website for Google and other search engines. In fact, there are two basic components of SEO-friendly web design: on-page and off-page optimization.
SEO Web Design Part 1: SEO-Friendly On-Page Optimisation
The website features that could be controlled by the webmaster or owner of the website are known as on-page optimization. In fact, on-page optimization is important to allow the search engines to crawl your site, understand its content, and index the pages. If you are in Hampshire or the surrounding area and are in need of a web development agency then see website development Hampshire.
On-Page Optimisation Strategies:
- Keyword research – select the right keyphrases relevant to your business, and use these keywords in the right places on the web page.
- Use relevant header tags, title tags, image tags, and meta descriptions.
- Create a highly optimized URL structure for the search engines as well as the users.
- Create an effective internal linking and navigation structure to help the search engines crawl your web pages and find relevant information to match user expectations.
- Create great content that is linkable. Such content will earn valuable inbound links during the off-page optimization process.
- Use different forms of content including images, text, infographics, videos, and lists to suit user expectations.
- Create a highly responsive website to provide a great user experience across multiple desktop and mobile devices.
- Create a website with a constant look and feel to represent your brand.
SEO Web Design Part 2: SEO-Friendly Off-Page Optimisation
Off-page strategies help market your site to both the search engines and users. Your site should earn backlinks from other webmasters and social media platforms by providing high-quality and relevant content. These links will increase the authority of your site in the eyes of the search engines and rank higher in Google and the other major search engines.
Off-Page Optimisation Strategies:
- Analyse the competition to know the strategies they use to rank in Google and the other search engines.
- Use your primary and secondary keywords in the anchor texts of inbound links.
- Get backlinks from high-authority and relevant websites in your niche.
- Get links to content deep in your site.
White Hat & Black Hat SEO
White hat strategies are the methods recommended by search engines. On the other hand, black hat strategies are deceptive and may result in penalties or bannings from search engines.
White Hat Techniques
All strategies that we have highlighted in the article are white hat and will add value to your website’s search engine optimisation. They will help attract more traffic, sales, and revenue from Google.